Monday, February 1, 2010

Of Knees and Crutches

You know, it's truly amazing how much we use our knees for. Being a joint and all, you'd assume that they would be rather important, but, such as with most things, it's only when we have problems with them that we actually notice they exist.

My first warning sign was during the past two weeks, when every so often I would misstep while doing step aerobics and my right knee would creak onerously. But did I become too concerned? No, of course not. I just kept telling myself that as the pounds miraculously shed themselves, I would be rid of knee creaking forever.

No such luck.

Last Thursday, I decided to start a new routine doing yoga and stability ball exercises. I did all the warm-ups just fine, but partway into doing my second lunge with the stability ball, I tried to correct my form and ended up with my back (right) knee completely giving out.

To make a long story short, I am now on crutches (yet again), though I'm trying to gradually wean myself from them. At church yesterday, everyone was astounded at our family's luck. First, my dad dies, then my sister hurts her knee/leg, then my mom breaks her foot, and now I've somehow messed up my knee. All in two and a half months. Geez.

On the upside of things, I still managed to lose weight last week, despite being unable to exercise for the last several days, bringing my total weight loss to 6.8 pounds in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment